...CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS LATE MONDAY MORNING THROUGH THE AFTERNOON FOR THE CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN NEBRASKA PANHANDLE...
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THIS MORNING TO 5 PM MST THIS AFTERNOON FOR GUSTY WEST WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 312 AND 313...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zones 312 and 313.
* WIND...West-northwest 12 to 18 MPH with gusts to 25 MPH.
* HUMIDITY...12 to 15 percent.
* HAINES...5 or Moderate potential for active fire.
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.